Sunday, July 3, 2011

Help them to save the earth. Give a little of your litters~

A story of a Friday. Last 2 months. Huhu. But still fresh in my mind.


That morning, just like any other morning - that happened to be if I was waken up early - before the Fajr's adzan, by His loyal and faithful angels, it inclines me to join the jemaah Fajr's prayer at mosque. But most of the time, I didn’t make it because whenever I think of the dark atmosphere outside, my hind mind haunts me with its own imaginary ghost-story which then made my blood run cold. And shame to say that the fear -of -darkness side of me really forced me to just pray in my room, alone.


But that particular day too was not actually like any other weekdays. It's a blessed Friday. And it's kind of an obligation for me I can say, that I must treat Friday as a very very special day and If ever I have a chance to perform Fajr's prayer at mosque, I have to do so. I don’t really know why but I just like to do the sujud sajadah in Fridays' Fajr prayer (Imams usually recite surah as-Sajadah in Fridays' Fajr prayer). May be since my childhood I used to follow my beloved father to mosque for Fridays' Fajr prayer. [We then went to our grave of my late paternal grandparents and my lovely late little sister who passed away as early as 5 months old. After that usually we went to a weekly Fridays talk by our beloved leader Tuan Guru Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat. He is so humble and well-known as a down-to-earth leader that he doesn't need security guards like other leaders, and so we the citizen could easily see him. ] And it's MAY BE too since I raised in my lovely Islamic country - Kelantan, where Friday and Saturday are our work-off days and hence our weekend, so I used to feel the different of the 'aura' of Friday. :)

So back to the story, the Friday's aura on that day has 'obligate' me to perform the Subuh prayer at mosque. Albeit the fear that still 'haunting' me, I made a gallant determination and took my white horse (read: my white motorbike) quite a high-speed ride to a closest and favourite mosque which is just a stone's throw from my house.


To make the already short story shorten, after the prayer and spent some time to listen to the tafseer of a few verses from surah al-Qasas recited by the Imam, I headed home straightaway . Before entering and passing our home's gate, I purposelessly turned my head to the right and glanced around where incidentally my eyes caught into something that intrigued me from quite a distance (about 300 metres from me). It was people doing something. They were walking towards me (towards a junction actually, between us - where from it I was on the right, and they were on the left). Although I just caught a fleeting of glimpse of it, I knew what are they doing, uttered my instinct. Then I decided to make a piercing gaze and wait until they came closer so that I can confirm my instinct. Wonder what I saw and what the heck were they doing in the middle of leaden skies and pretty cold dawn??


Hm after some minutes, they finally reached at the junction. And I could clearly see what actually were they doing and my instinct is totally right! There were two people; one is a boy (about 10 years old) and another one is an older boy, (around 18-year-old; the boy's brother I guess), both were wheeling a wooden handy-cart along the lane, to load in household wastes especially plastic bottles and cans. Oh, it is something that I had been looking for a couple of weeks! It suddenly reminds me to those 'litters' at my house that getting mounts after has been kept for weeks. Intentionally save to give to 'the right' people. I waved at them in a way so that they came towards me but they might not see me and just made a turn at the junction. Without any delay I started my 'white horse' and rode after them.


After I managed to 'catch' them, I asked them if they are looking for the plastic bottles. As they nodded, I told them to follow me and wait in front of my house for me to take out our 'collections'. After gave it to them, they looked shocked with it. May be they never being given such 'gifts' by other people before. And before they go, I could clearly see the smiles in their eyes.



For us these are litters. For them, these are money for sustenance.

~ Be grateful, friend. Help the those people to recycle. Give a little of your litters.

~ Help them to save the earth. Let’s save the earth. It's global warming and in fact, it has reach an alarming point since years ago. So, let's do something. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Suarakan seikhlasnya~ Thank you ;)